IBP is dedicated to the preservation of the Black family as a unit through provision of Family Preservation, Foster Family, Kinship Care, and Adoption Services.
The Organizations goals are to:
- Maintain children in their families of origin.
- Reunify children with their birth parents or extended family.
- Increase the number of permanent homes for Black Children
- Increase the stability of Black adoptive and birth parent families
- Elevate the Black Community's awareness of the need for Black adoptive and foster homes.
- Expand the number of culturally relevant assessment services and culturally sensitive adoption professionals.
- Effect change at the local, state, and national levels.